At the developers meeting on February 1 we discussed the following.
- The meeting had more than typical technical difficulties.
- We were introduced to Mahsa Zahery, a computer science graduate student at VCU. Her two main tasks are to allow GPUs to work on numerical integration routines, and to help make OpenMx more finely grained parallel.
- We discussed the difficulty of Mahsa Zahery's second task.
- The group talked about an mxFitFunctionMultiGroup() and its interface. See the project issue http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/issue/2013/01/multigroup-fit-function . To handle more general cases (e.g. mixture modeling), the group landed on some stronger functions.
- A prototype omxGetChildSlot() function was written by Ryne Estabrook to get a slot from all the first-level children of a model. This could be used to get the fit functions from all the first-level children. Then a wrapper around this function will be used as mxFitFunctionMultiGroup(), mxFitFunctionMixture(), etc.