At developers meeting on 7/8 we discussed the following list of upcoming development changes for OpenMx 1.2. OpenMx 1.1. is currently being beta tested and has been feature frozen.
- Changes to the back-end of the OpenMx to enforce consistency and make the addition of new model types more straight forward.
- The inclusion of multi-level models. Currently we have an interface design that the group is pleased with but we are still soliciting some additional feedback.
- The implementation of weighted least squares to offer performance improvements.
- The capability to optimize gradient calculations to also offer performance improvements
- Michael Spiegel has also made several front-end performance improvements that are currently available in the trunk of source code repository.