At the Developers' Meeting on 3/16/12 we discussed the following:
- The group discussed the recent workshop at Boulder, CO. The feedback from the returned surveys has been positive thus far.
- One participant in the workshop worked with Michael Spiegel attempting to build Open MX on a Windows 64-bit machine with access to npsol source code. Unfortunately a cryptic compilation error seemingly unrelated to OpenMx prevented building OpenMx successfully. The group plans to post to the R Mailing List and describe the error to see if any assistance is available.
- The group discussed Mike Hunter's progress on the LISREL objective function in OpenMx. There is now a working test with LISREL. However, currently the test case does calculate the means, and it's not using the dimnames of the matrices. Mike is working with a new larger test case to implement these features in the upcoming weeks.
- The group also discussed a proposal put forth by Ryne Estabrook and Tim Brick for a new OpenMx object class mxFitFunction (or more simply mxFit) and accompanying mxModel slot. It was decided the function should not take the location of the mean and covariance as parameters. Also deprecating the MxRAMObjective function to enable a more consistent interface was discussed.
- Ross is continuing to make progress in implementing the solnp and subnp algorithms in the R package Rsolnp into R.